Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Juice Presents a Bad Case of Disco Fever...

Here is a very very very loosely mixed (iPod shuffle style) Disco mix I made for my aunt. I hope you enjoy (I'm not a Disco DJ so pardon the loose mixing)... its about an hour, its iPod safe as its all in one track, and CD burn worthy as it clocks in about 1hr of a mix. While Disco could be seen as a foundational music for dance music... the real gems I played out in the final three... these are just genius pieces of music as they blend electronics, vocals and arrangements in ways that felt in most dance musics today.


Good Times – Chic
That’s the Way (I like it) – KC and the Sunshine Band
Disco Inferno – The Trammps
A Fifth of Beethoven – Walter Murphy
The Hustle – Van McCoy
La Freak – Chic
Funkytown – Lipps Inc.
Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood – Santa Esmerelda
If I Can’t Have You - Yvonne Elliman
Fly Robin Fly – Silver Convention
I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
Ring My Bell – Anita Ward
Rock With You – Michael Jackson
Don’t Leave Me This Way – Thelma Houston
You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) – Sylvester
I Feel Love – Donna Summer

And in case you wondered about Disco.. it died just like any other genre of dance music... as exemplified...



No comments: