Monday, November 30, 2009

Electro-Rappin!! - Attack of the B-Boys from Outer Space!!

A collection of Electro-Funk, Hip Hop, and Techno from ‘80 to ‘85. This was a bit difficult to mix as this isn’t really my genre of expertise… so pardon the mix especially towards the end (I did redeem myself with Night Drive > Drama). But, being that I am no DJ, this is meant to showcase music moments that are currently influencing me. If you need, hit me up for my old school House, Jungle, Drum & Bass mixes, plus any ill.selection or Dubstep mixes… I should have some Reggae/dub and Golden Era Hip Hop coming up.

Fab Five Freddy Intro
Looking for the Perfect Beat – Afrika Bambaataa & The Soulsonic Force
Boogie Down Bronx – Man Parrish
Jam On It – Newcleus
Friends – Whodini
Dear Ivette – LL Cool J
It’s Like That – Run-DMC
Play at Your own Risk – Planet Patrol
Let the Music Play – Shannon
Clear – Cybotron
Set It Off – Strafe
Walking in the Rain (I saw you) – Oran “Juice” Jones
Play that Beat Mr. DJ - G.L.O.B.E & Whiz Kid
Bassline – Mantronix
That’s the Joint – Funky 4 plush 1 More
The Breaks – Kurtis Blow
Scorpio – Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
Night Drive (Time, Space, Transmat) – Model 500
Drama – Derrick May

No comments: